In 2011 ASAM SA signed a financing agreement within the Regional Operational Programme, co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund under the contract with The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Business Environment – SOP Managing Authority for implementation of the project “STAMPED AND PRESSED PARTS FOR AUTO BODY PARTS”.
The main objective of the project was to extend ASAM SA activity in the automotive industry by manufacturing car body parts in a new production unit “Stamping and Pressing Sector” in Miroslava with specialized equipments and machinery that will enable the company’s production to rise at european standards.
- Developing a new market in the automotive industry;
- Creating 25 new jobs;
- Increasing ASAM SA turnover by 20% in 5 years;
- Protecting the environment by implementing eco-friendly technologies;
- Developing an optimum technological process by building a specialized production unit;
- With this investment project, ASAM SA started a new production line of stamped and pressed parts for the automotive sector that will ensure a secure position in the Romanian market, resulting an increase in its turnover and improving local and regional businesses. The value of the investment totals USD 19,901,900.52 (EUR 4,870,992.344 infoeuro in April 2011 4.0858 lei/euro) and the project was implemented in the developing region: North East County: Iasi, Commune: MIROSLAVA.